25 of the Most Commonly Asked Interview Questions
Job interviews are typically made up of employers asking candidates a series of questions and basing their hiring decisions off of the answers they receive. Most of the time employers are not making these questions up off the top of their heads. Realistically, they are choosing questions from a pre-determined list. So instead of walking into an interview blind, we suggest asking yourself these commonly asked interview questions to get an idea of how you would answer.
1. What attracted you to our company?
2. What do you know about this industry?
3. What are you looking for in a new position?
4. Why do you want this job?
5. Why are you leaving your current job?
6. What were the responsibilities of your last job?
7. What did you like least about your last job?
8. When were you most satisfied in your last job?
9. How would your previous bosses and co-workers describe you?
10. What are your greatest personal strengths?
11. What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
12. What is your greatest professional achievement?
13. Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond the call of duty at work.
14. Tell me about a challenge or conflict you’ve faced at work, and how you overcame it?
15. How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?
16. Do you prefer working alone or with a team?
17. What type of work environment do you prefer?
18. Do you have any managerial experience?
19. If I were your supervisor and asked you to do something that you disagreed with, what would you do?
20. What are your hobbies outside of work?
21. Where do you see yourself in five years?
22. Are you interviewing with any other companies?
23. Why should we hire you?
24. What are your salary requirements?
25. Do you have any questions for us?
We suggest asking a friend or family member to conduct a mock interview with you. Also, be sure to check out our article on Job Interview Techniques to help improve your interviewing abilities. By the time you get to the real interview, you’ll be answering interview questions like a pro!